Data protection declaration according to the GDPR
Wiedemann & Berg Film (hereinafter “we/us” or “WB”, information on Wiedemann & Berg Film GmbH can be found at www.w-b-film.de) is pleased that you are visiting our website. Data protection and data security are very important to us. We would therefore like to inform you at this point which of your personal data we collect when you visit our website and for what purposes it is used.
Since changes in the law or in our internal processes may make it necessary to adapt this data protection declaration, we ask you to read this data protection declaration regularly. The data protection declaration can be retrieved, saved and printed at any time on our website.
Customize privacy settings
Click here to adjust the privacy settings.
§ 1 Controller and scope of application
The controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as GDPR) is:
Wiedemann & Berg Film GmbH
Phone: +49 89 999 513 810
This data protection declaration applies to the website of Wiedemann & Berg Film which is available under the domain www.w-b-film.de and the various subdomains (hereinafter referred to as “our website”).
§ 2 Data protection officer
The external data protection officer of the controller is:
Dr. Karsten Kinast, LL.M., lawyer
KINAST Law Firm mbH
50672 Cologne, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)221 – 222 183 – 0
§ 3 Principles of data processing
Personal data is all information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, for example, information such as your name, age, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, IP address or user behaviour. Information which we cannot relate to you personally (or can only relate to you with a disproportionate effort), e.g. by anonymizing the information, is not personal data. The processing of personal data (e.g. collection, retrieval, use, storage or transmission) always requires a legal basis or your consent. Processed personal data will be deleted as soon as the purpose of the processing has been achieved and there are no longer any statutory storage obligations to be met.
If we process your personal data for the provision of certain offers, we will inform you below about the concrete processes, the scope and purpose of the data processing, the legal basis for the processing and the respective storage period.
§ 4 Processing operations
1) Provision and use of the website
a) Type and scope of data processing
When you access and use our website, we collect the personal data that your browser automatically transmits to our server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. When you use our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL)
- browser and, where applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
b) Legal basis
Legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The processing of the mentioned data is necessary for the provision of the website and thus serves the protection of a legitimate interest of our company.
c) Storage period
As soon as the aforementioned data is no longer required to display the website, it will be deleted. The collection of data to provide the website and the storage of data in log files is mandatory for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no possibility for the user to object. A further storage can take place in individual cases, if this is legally prescribed.
§ 5 Disclosure of data
We will only transfer your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR
- this is required to fulfil a contractual relationship with you pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR
- there is a legal obligation for the transmission pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR
- this is necessary to safeguard legitimate business interests and to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
a) Type and scope of data processing
Various types of cookies are used on our website. The type and function of these cookies are explained in more detail below.
We use persistent cookies on our website. Persistent cookies are cookies that are stored in your browser for a longer period of time and transmit information to us. The respective storage period varies depending on the cookie. You can delete persistent cookies via your browser settings.
These cookies are required for technical reasons so that you can visit our website and use the functions offered by us. This refers, for example, to the Language setting. In addition, these cookies contribute to the safe and proper use of the website.
b) Legal basis
The legal basis for the processing of personal data by using cookies is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
c) Storage period
The data will be deleted as soon as the purpose of the processing has ceased to apply. A further storage can take place in individual cases, if this is legally prescribed.
d) Configuration of browser settings
Most browsers are preset to accept cookies by default. You can configure your browser to accept only certain cookies or no cookies at all. If cookies are deactivated by your browser settings, you may no longer be able to use all the functions of our website. You can use the browser settings to delete cookies that have already been saved or to view the storage duration. It is also possible to set your browser so that it notifies you before cookies are stored. Since the different browsers differ in their respective modes of operation, we ask you to use the respective help menu of your browser for the configuration options.
If you would like a comprehensive overview of all third-party access to your Internet browser, we recommend that you install specially developed plug-ins.
§ 7 Hyperlinks
Our website contains so-called hyperlinks to websites of other providers. If you activate these hyperlinks, you will be redirected from our website directly to the websites of other providers. You will recognize this by the change of URL. We cannot accept any responsibility for the confidential handling of your data on these third-party websites, as we have no influence on whether these companies comply with the data protection regulations. Please inform yourself about the handling of your personal data by these companies directly on these websites.
§ 8 Application process
Type and scope of data processing
You have the possibility to send your application documents for a job advertisement or your unsolicited application to the e-mail address: email@example.com. The incoming application documents will be forwarded within WB to the persons responsible for the respective application and selection process. Your application documents will be processed exclusively for the purpose of the application process. Any further processing will not take place.
Your data will not be transmitted to persons outside WB. Your data will only be processed within the European Union or a state of the European Economic Area.
The provision of personal data in the application documents is neither required by law nor by contract. Without the provision of complete and meaningful application documents, however, the applicant cannot be considered.
An automated decision-making process including profiling in accordance with Art. 22 GDPR does not take place.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR. According to this regulation the processing of personal data is lawful if it is necessary in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
For the storage of your application documents for a further 6 months after completion of the application procedure, the legal basis is our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is that WB can defend itself against possible legal claims by rejected applicants.
If we wish to store your application documents beyond this period, we will obtain your express consent to do so. The legal basis for further processing in this case is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. The consent can be freely revoked at any time with effect for the future.
The application documents are stored for the duration of the application process. If there is no consent for further processing, the application documents will be deleted at the latest 6 months after completion of the application procedure.
§ 9 Rights of the data subject
The following rights result from the GDPR for you as the data subject:
- Pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, you may request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information on the processing purposes, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if it has not been collected from us, about its transfer to third countries or to international organisations and about the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on its details.
- Pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, you may immediately request the correction of incorrect personal data or the completion of your personal data stored by us.
- Pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, you may request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, insofar as the processing is not necessary for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for fulfilling a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims.
- In accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, you can demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, we no longer need the data and you refuse its deletion because you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims. You are also entitled to the right under Art. 18 GDPR if you have lodged an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR.
- Pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, you may request to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or you may request that your personal data is transferred to another controller.
- In accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, you can revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future.
- According to Art. 77 GDPR, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence, your place of work or our company headquarters.
§ 10 Right of objection
When processing your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR if there are reasons which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the case of direct marketing, you have a general right of objection, which is realized by us without stating a particular situation.
§ 11 Data security and security measures
We commit ourselves to protect your privacy and to treat your personal data confidentially. In order to avoid manipulation, loss or misuse of your data stored with us, we take extensive technical and organizational security precautions, which are regularly checked and adapted to technological progress. However, we would like to point out that it is possible that the rules of data protection and the above-mentioned security measures may not be observed by other persons or institutions outside our area of responsibility. In particular, unencrypted data can be read by third parties – e.g. if communication takes place via e-mail. We have no technical influence on this. It is the responsibility of the user to protect the data made available by him against misuse by encryption or in any other way.